I was born in District D, and I have lived in Raleigh’s District D all my life.
Background and Qualifications
I was born in District D, and I have lived in Raleigh’s District D all my life. I especially enjoy the friendly and diverse neighborhood in which I have lived for more than 30 years. With experience in sales, marketing, management, and finance, I am known for my honesty, business savvy, and problem solving skills. I work to find areas on which I agree with my community and my fellow councilors and build bridges to create positive solutions that benefit the citizens of Raleigh. I have a particular interest in promoting more residential development that includes a mix of workforce and market-rate housing. In my position on the Raleigh City Council, I am currently a member of the Comprehensive Planning Committee and the Budget and Economic Development Committee. I also serve on the Triangle J Council of Governments. In addition to my many career accomplishments, I have always been active in the community. I participated in the first Raleigh Neighborhood College and previously served as a corporate mentor for Junior Achievement, president of the Avent West Neighborhood Association, and president of the A.B. Combs Elementary School PTA. I have volunteered with Special Olympics for 20 years.
- Background in sales, marketing, business, and finance.
- My greatest strengths are listening, problem solving, and helping to bring people to consensus.
- Earlier in my career, I was the General Sales Manager at WPTF-TV. I managed a 21-person department with annual sales of $20 million.
- More recently, I worked in marketing for an Edward Jones office. My role was sales and marketing, with a focus on providing excellent customer service. While I worked there, we won the company’s Drucker award 3 years in a row.
- Founding member of Avent West Neighborhood Association. I served as treasurer, then president.
- Graduated from the first class of the Raleigh Neighborhood College.
- Annual volunteer with gymnastics venue for Special Olympics.
- Event manager for gymnastics venue for World Games.
- Junior Achievement Mentor.
- Former PTA President at AB Combs.